Guitar

Image: https://unsplash.com/

Lighter it felt
Carrying all day in my hand
I played, placing on my lap as a neonate

I pared my nails which I love painting colorful everyday
Guitar
The only happiness in my life, nothing else I hankered for

One dark night,
Holding the fretboard firmly on my mitt
I grazed the strings softly with my fingers..
A string broke from the board and ripped my skin abruptly

O’ it hurts

I assayed the dissevered string to tie with the board but it was too dark
I continued to play with the left out strings
One by one fell

Leeching my fingers deep
Lips squeezing I abided just because I loved it once

After all the strings fell from the board
I squalled aloud and hit the guitar hard on wall which busted into pieces

Blood sloughing from my fingers I wiped out the tears
Touching my eyes.. tardily across my cheeks
I forgot the way how I used to look
My shadow is no where now
Not even slenderest shade of it was able to trace

In the darkness around me
What all I tried to touch turned out to be the broken pieces of guitar
Lying down on floor I buried my knee on my chest with my face

Closing my ears firmly
I still heard the rhythm of my love.

Copyright © Optimistic Soul

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Optimistic Soul with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

62 Comments Add yours

1. Started on a high note, ended well on a beautiful note. Great work Meera. 😊😊

Liked by 4 people

1. Thank you so much for your kind words Piyush 🙂 It really means a lot to me.
      Good day ahead 🙂

2. Rainyshadows says:

I am amazed by your choice of words every time. Appreciate the change of tone in the poem. So many things to learn from you

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much 💙
      Means a lot to me!
      Much love to you

3. Nirant Gurav says:

Beautiful piece & good read ☺️

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much dost 🙌😆
      Happy day ahead 🎁

1. Nirant Gurav says:

Utoo have a blessed day ahead

Liked by 1 person

4. You were playing the blues and keeping it real and strings we’re your heart and yet you stayed on the beat, b.b.king would be proud, strong piece ☮️

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much, your words mean a lot to me 🙂
      Happy day ahead 🙂

5. O how the things we love can morph to things that hurt us! Or do we hurt them in the process. This is beautifully written 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much dear.
      Love and blessings to you ❤ 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Oh no, that sounded so sad! Hope you are feeling alright there. Smashing a beloved guitar of yours is just the saddest thing to do ever. I can feel it greatly as I’m a guitarist myself and know of many other passionate guitarists who would be so depressed if a guitar is smashed 😦
    Anyway, pardon me for my passion for the guitar. Your poem is great! Nice structure and plot. Thank you for the awesome read! ❤

Liked by 2 people

1. Omg haha Thank you so much for your valuable comment. Means a lot to me
      But it was just a metaphor which I used for my poem.
      I neither knew about guitar nor play it
      After reading your words Im much interested in learning it.
      Happy day ahead 🙂

7. Kranti says:

Beautifully penned!!

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you very much dear 🙂

1. Kranti says:

Always my pleasure and Wishing you a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come ✨✨

2. Thank you so much dear
        I wish you too a very happy new year
        May all good things come to you and family ❤ 🙂
        Stay blessed

8. The majors and minors, the rhythm and the melody all in harmony – you created an gorgeous ensemble

Liked by 2 people

1. This means a lot to me.

1. My absolute pleasure

9. Guitar 😍😍 Loved it ♥️♥️♥️

1. Guitarist loved my guitar
      Proud me ! haha

1. Thank you for stopping by.
      Love and blessings 🙂

Liked by 1 person

10. Wow! Amazing beautiful poetry 💙 Have a great New Year 💖🍰🎄🌲🎄🍰🎶🎄🎶💖🎶🎄💖🍰💖💖🎶🎄🎶🎶💖🎶🎄🎶🎶🎶🎄💖🎶🎄💖🎄

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much ❤ 🙂
      A very happy new year to you too dear 🙂

Liked by 1 person

11. Not always optimistic (LOL), but I enjoy your poetry.

Liked by 2 people

1. Lol Thank you Mr.Jim
      Btw How’s dad’s health now?
      Hope everything is fine

Liked by 1 person

1. Dad’s much better. He’s back in our local hospital (he had been transferred to our state capital). He’s much more lucid etc. Hopefully will be discharged soon.

2. That’s good to know.
        Yeah hope he will be fine very soon ❤
        May this year bring a lot of happiness to you and family Jim 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Certainly hoping for that!

1. Thank you Abhishek 🙂
      Happy day ahead !

12. Chiru says:

That’s Sad yet beautiful poetry Meera..

13. Joey Blue says:

So touching, I love this. Especially, as a guitar player, I can relate.

1. Thank you so much 🙂
      I’m glad that you can relate 🙂
      Good day ahead !

14. Ink Link says:

Beautiful musical post😍

15. Elene Wyly says:

you have brought up a very fantastic points, regards for the post.

1. Thank you so much 🙂
      Love and blessing from this side ❤ 🙂

16. Wade Brecht says:

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, thanks for all the great articles.

1. That’s so kind of you 💙
      Happy day ahead 🎁

17. I must express some thanks to the writer for bailing me out of this particular problem. After looking throughout the online world and meeting things which are not helpful, I figured my entire life was well over. Being alive without the presence of answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out all through the review is a crucial case, as well as the ones which may have negatively damaged my entire career if I had not come across your blog. The skills and kindness in handling every aspect was vital. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not come across such a solution like this. It’s possible to at this moment relish my future. Thanks very much for the skilled and result oriented help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your blog to any individual who needs to have guide on this issue.

1. Thank you so much for your kind words ❤
      It is an immense pleasure that you get benefited from my poem.
      It really means a lot to me!
      Lot of love and blessings to you from this side.
      Peace ❤ 🙂

18. I love reading through a post that may make people feel. Additionally, thank you for enabling me personally to comment!

1. Thank you so much for stopping by 🙂

19. “…abided just because I loved it once”

Most of us make that mistake at least once, and usually more than once.

The poem takes a common theme, and makes it novel again.

Liked by 1 person

20. Whenever you thank me, you make me think you and I have it all wrong. We’ve got it backwards. I should be the one thanking you.

1. Haha thats so kind of you! ❤ 🙂

21. informatii interesante si utile postate pe blogul dumneavoastra. dar ca si o paranteza , ce parere aveti de cazarea la particulari ?.

1. Can you say in English? please